Electrician Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started with a small company in Georgia about 2 months ago making 9$ an hour. hile I love my job (as a helper of course) I'm pretty sure they're going to cut me loose when this job wraps up. In these 2 months I've gained a good bit of on the job experience (bending and running conduit, high and low voltage circuits etc.) I don't have any formal training per se but I was wondering, if I were to apply to another company, what would be a fair starting rate to ask for? I took a pay cut from my last job to do this but I'm in love with this workand would really like to continue if they let me go.

·
Registered
Electrician
3,589 Posts
What part of Ga?
This makes a huge difference in starting pay and what you could ask for.

Welcome from Newnan!

·
Registered
Electrician
3,589 Posts
Southern Ga. Valdosta to be exact
I imagine the pay there for the same type of job here will pay less.

9 or 10 an hour may be all you will be able to get.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
I started with a small company in Georgia about 2 months ago making 9$ an hour. hile I love my job (as a helper of course) I'm pretty sure they're going to cut me loose when this job wraps up. In these 2 months I've gained a good bit of on the job experience (bending and running conduit, high and low voltage circuits etc.) I don't have any formal training per se but I was wondering, if I were to apply to another company, what would be a fair starting rate to ask for? I took a pay cut from my last job to do this but I'm in love with this workand would really like to continue if they let me go.
Always ask for a couple of buck an hour more than you want so when they offer you less because they're cheap fcks it will be in the range that you want.

Welcome to the forum...:thumbup:

·
Registered
575 Posts
Try applying at Cletus electric. I hear they pay well.

It's a long commute from Valdosta to Cincinnati. :)

In Southern Ga $9.00 to 10.00 is pretty much the standard for green helpers.

Reactions: jbfan and dthurmond
1 - 7 of 7 Posts