Electrician Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With basic SEO on my website I have been getting decent organic results. I end up getting a lot of calls compared to the amount of visits.

I don't have exact numbers, but if I take away the spammers from different parts of the country and look at the amount of visits I get from people in my service area, about 25% of them end up calling.

A couple months ago I started using Google Adwords Express. I only wanted to try $200/month so it was recommended for me to use the Express version instead of just Adwords.

What I have found is that I am getting more visitors, but hardly any more calls. It seems as if none of those visitors who clicked on my Ads in Google call. Only the people who clicked on the organic results.

Anyone have this happen?

·
Banned
4,506 Posts
With basic SEO on my website I have been getting decent organic results. I end up getting a lot of calls compared to the amount of visits.

I don't have exact numbers, but if I take away the spammers from different parts of the country and look at the amount of visits I get from people in my service area, about 25% of them end up calling.

A couple months ago I started using Google Adwords Express. I only wanted to try $200/month so it was recommended for me to use the Express version instead of just Adwords.

What I have found is that I am getting more visitors, but hardly any more calls. It seems as if none of those visitors who clicked on my Ads in Google call. Only the people who clicked on the organic results.

Anyone have this happen?
Yes most of Google ad words clicks are bogus. Just concentrate of getting higher on the search list.

·
Banned
4 Posts
in Your site tracking you should be able to see which clicks come from sponsored ads.

I wonder if there is a way for sponsored ads to see a different phone number so you can track conversion.

Just a thought

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here are a couple suggestions to may be of help.

Organic results are usually way better than paid, people don't trust paid ads thats why your call conversions aren't as good. Also depends what your ad copy says. Maybe add trust factors things like "Certified, Experienced Electricians since xxxx"

1. Register an exact match domain for example "NewJerseyResidentialElectrician.com" if its available (I have found that they still help you rank organically as long as they have decent amount of content)

2. Does the landing page look trust worthy? Try adding testimonials, bbb badge, established since, and cerdible photos

3. How big are your call to action items, is your Call us today prominent enough? Could it be bigger. Maybe follow it up with a "Call us today, you won't be disappointed"

I could ramble on for days lol, but hope that helps! Cheers

·
Registered
127 Posts
in Your site tracking you should be able to see which clicks come from sponsored ads.

I wonder if there is a way for sponsored ads to see a different phone number so you can track conversion.

Just a thought
Yes, you can do that. You can use add extensions. What it does is set up a unique phone number through Google Voice then have it redirect to your main line. Here's an article about it: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454052?hl=en&ref_topic=3119124

I wouldn't totally write off Adwords just yet. Maybe your ads and keywords could be better refined to make sure you're getting people who are more likely to convert.

What keywords are you targeting right now?

·
Banned
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i started with a $600 a month budget. i had signifcant results. $600 was the minimum recommended by the guys who manage it for me. i have since doubled the budget.
From what I was told, similar to what you said, if you aren't going to be spending enough money to pay a pro to do it, then just use Google Adwords Express. But that got me no where so I guess it's either give up on Adwords or spend more.

Which company did you use? You told me but I forgot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts