Electrician Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Sparks fly from my finger
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Saw this and just had to get it. Price was right in an unopened box without a spec of rust.

I have no need for the power jack on a 1" as I am 6'5" and heavy enough to run an 1 1/4" without the power jack. Just got it for the nostalgia. I remember watching Jack Benfield's video in college and being amazed at how well the old guy still bent the stuff.

Should I make a handle for it for originality of buy a pre made handle?

·
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you could still get them a few years ago from klien but no one makes them anymore. That is more why I got it.

I am thinking of collecting old benders.

·
RIP 1959-2015
10,750 Posts

Saw this and just had to get it. Price was right in an unopened box without a spec of rust.

I have no need for the power jack on a 1" as I am 6'5" and heavy enough to run an 1 1/4" without the power jack. Just got it for the nostalgia. I remember watching Jack Benfield's video in college and being amazed at how well the old guy still bent the stuff.

Should I make a handle for it for originality of buy a pre made handle?
Nice catch.:thumbup:

You can make a handle pretty easy to do.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I saw one in ces the other day with a level on the 90°... gotta get me one of those!

Sent from my SGH-T599 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
Retired EC
23,666 Posts
I used to use a 1 1/4" bender and it was all my little body could handle. At that time I was 5'10" and about 170 lbs. I was able to do it with offsets not full 90's. I have a 1" bender and I have used it less than a dozen times in 30+ years. I used it more for 3/4" rigid then I did for 1" emt

·
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I found the copyright year on the card and it was 1980. It isn't as old as I thought but still older than me. Oh well, still cool.

The only reason I bought it was for a project I am going to do on my house. I am going to move the service and main panel and add a sub. Going to run EMT across the garage and through the basement. It will probably never be used again unless I pick up some side jobs.

It was cheaper than most of the other 1" benders on eBay though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts