Electrician Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Golden Controls
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys only by sheer dumb luck am i able to post this. last night i was doing a major automation changeover by myself. the rolling stool i was sitting on rolled out from underneath me and my hand caught the energized buss of the gear i was working. i was thrown about 10 foot across the room and onto my back. like i said i was completely alone my shoulder was dislocated and my arm is still numb as i type this on my pda. morals of the story never work alone never work without a sure footing

·
Golden Controls
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
update:

my arm is pretty much recovered now, it's not purple and the bue streaks that were down my arm are gone. My shoulder isn't quite as sore as it was. I highly do not suggest that you try this.

·
Registered
625 Posts
hey guys only by sheer dumb luck am i able to post this. last night i was doing a major automation changeover by myself. the rolling stool i was sitting on rolled out from underneath me and my hand caught the energized buss of the gear i was working. i was thrown about 10 foot across the room and onto my back. like i said i was completely alone my shoulder was dislocated and my arm is still numb as i type this on my pda. morals of the story never work alone never work without a sure footing
Glad that you were not permanently hurt.

Personally, I never felt comfortable sitting, slouching or leaning while working around any voltage higher than 24 volts. But then I wasn't in your shoes.

Best Wishes Everyone

·
Golden Controls
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad that you were not permanently hurt.

Personally, I never felt comfortable sitting, slouching or leaning while working around any voltage higher than 24 volts. But then I wasn't in your shoes.

Best Wishes Everyone
From now on I will kneal or stand when working on 480v gear, I will not use the roll around anymore but I will use my fiberglass folding chair in front of plc cabinets because I spent hours a day in front of them and standing or knealing gets very very uncomfortable. But at the end of the day I'll definately be wearing my hot gloves when working with hot gear from now on!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.