Electrician Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My guys connected to a 600 volt motor with a FLA of 47amps. They replaced the original which was in rough shape and bench tested the new one before putting it in with no issues. They bumped the motor then ran it again for a short test with what you see there happening within 20 seconds. They then put in a second one and it ran no problem. We are taking it back for warranty so we are not taking it all apart to see why it failed so horribly ourselves.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Turns out my local Siemens supplier will not warranty it, they have to send it back to Siemens for them to make a decision which may take arounds 3 months. Looks like AB and Tele will be getting even more of my business!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Siemens is going down hill.
had alot of there f/a :censored::censored: fail. junk

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
The Rexel in my city is no longer going to carry Siemens anything, or that is what they told me.

My company doesn't buy anything made by them that I can think of.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
The only ways it could get that hot in 20 seconds would be that either something was jammed in the armature pole face, like a big bug or some swarf, or that the control circuit was chattering really bad, i.e. a bad connection somewhere that was corrected when you replaced it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
We just got an email from one of our national customers, about Siemens 3 phase 600v 100+ amp breakers. I guess in a few different facilities they have stayed on (closed position) when the handle was off (open position). The local ECs of those areas reported they breakers looked perfectly normal.
Never realized Siemens was going down hill?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.