Electrician Talk banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
You know, the classy thing to say is that I envy you. But no, I'm absolutely jealous. That looks like an incredible tool to use. I can see it having applications pulling for resi barns or garages. Usually I pull for 100' or more and hate myself in the evening lol.
I would typically order quadplex or triplex cable for any outdoor or underground feeder.
Or have the feeders put up on one reel.
I would pay for cutting fees and freight.
The SH would lend us the jack stands and a bar for the spool.
It all worked out fine but, for no charge, we can get this kind of setup?
I’m sold.

·
Registered
Commercial/Industrial and Service work
165 Posts
I would typically order quadplex or triplex cable for any outdoor or underground feeder.
Or have the feeders put up on one reel.
I would pay for cutting fees and freight.
The SH would lend us the jack stands and a bar for the spool.
It all worked out fine but, for no charge, we can get this kind of setup?
I’m sold.
Been using these for years and for a few more bucks they will even crimp pulling eyes that can pull up to 10k

·
Premium Member
19,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Sounds like you are a good customer to them. :)
They for sure have some serious whales and very high volume contractors. I don’t think we have spent more than 50k with them this year but, due to the services they offer, and the distribution resources they have, we might be looking to them for more support. They are not what we consider a discount house but, they are very competitive on job pricing.

·
Premium Member
19,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Been using these for years and for a few more bucks they will even crimp pulling eyes that can pull up to 10k
It for sure is a very cheap option but, we rarely pull long heavy feeders. If the opportunity presents itself, I will for sure order it.

·
Registered
Commercial/Industrial and Service work
165 Posts
It for sure is a very cheap option but, we rarely pull long heavy feeders. If the opportunity presents itself, I will for sure order it.
I had them crimped on for a 1200ft pull of 13.8 Kv they are solid and all my 500s get them too they save more in time on labor than they cost

·
Premium Member
19,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

·
Registered
Retired EC and Fuel distribution contractor
1,576 Posts
I think we have different definitions of "a small job".
It's all relative.

The first marina I did was a big job for me (I mean seriously big to where the dock builder started claiming that Lou wasn't afraid of anything, lol). The owners were going to remodel the dock office and asked me to give them a price for the electrical work. I told them I could not handle that along with all the other work (dock electrical and fuel system both fuel and electrical) I had committed to with them.

So, the rest of the job the owners joked me that the dock office was just too small change for me to mess with (which wasn't true, but they got a laugh).

21 - 31 of 31 Posts