Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Got any suggestion for a good electrician cart? something to put a ladder, conduits, your tools , consumable screw, strap, coupling wires etc if possible under 500 bucks with prety good wheels. to carry around when doing big job ?
there is also 2 floors in the plant im working so i maybe also have the possibility to climb it with a lift truck.

Normally im carrying my klein tool pouch and it's more than enough for 75% of the job so im not sure if a tool bag would be necessary i have to walk alot with my tools.

The best i could found was a rubbermaid black plastic cart

if you got any suggestion that would be appreciate ! thanks !

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
martindag said:
Hi guys Got any suggestion for a good electrician cart? something to put a ladder, conduits, your tools , consumable screw, strap, coupling wires etc if possible under 500 bucks with prety good wheels. to carry around when doing big job ? there is also 2 floors in the plant im working so i maybe also have the possibility to climb it with a lift truck. Normally im carrying my klein tool pouch and it's more than enough for 75% of the job so im not sure if a tool bag would be necessary i have to walk alot with my tools. The best i could found was a rubbermaid black plastic cart if you got any suggestion that would be appreciate ! thanks !
. I've been using the Rubbermaid carts for years with no issues . I prefer the wider ones. But you can easily modify them to carry whatever you want . Mine will carry tools , materials , ladders , and has 1/2" EMT spindles for 500' spools of wire . Make sure you get one with non marking ( grey ) casters , or you'll be leaving black marks everywhere you go , lol !

·
Coffee drinking member
I pretwist and then use wire nuts. Solder pots rule.
14,533 Posts
I use this style, holds several spools on 1/2 emt, the hooks in the front section hold a ladder, 4' works easiest, the rear handle folds up for tight spaces. I didn't use the yellow bag.

Attachments

·
Electrical Contractor
5,567 Posts
If you are looking for a basic cart then look at Uline. 30% cheaper than Rubbermaid. I have a couple of them and so far (5years) they are holding up. Definitely not as heavily built or number of options that come with Rubbermaid.

Thinking of maybe getting one like this and see how this style works out ( Southwire)

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
wcord said:
If you are looking for a basic cart then look at Uline. 30% cheaper than Rubbermaid. I have a couple of them and so far (5years) they are holding up. Definitely not as heavily built or number of options that come with Rubbermaid. Thinking of maybe getting one like this and see how this style works out ( Southwire)
I have the southwire cart , I really like it for my prints and paper work on large projects I am working on

·
Electrical Contractor
5,567 Posts
I have the southwire cart , I really like it for my prints and paper work on large projects I am working on
That's the thing that got my attention. The shelves didn't really impress me. They look like they are a bit on the flimsy side.
How is the unit holding up? Are any of the pieces bending from overload?

Reactions: martindag

·
Registered
225 Posts
wcord said:
That's the thing that got my attention. The shelves didn't really impress me. They look like they are a bit on the flimsy side. How is the unit holding up? Are any of the pieces bending from overload?
It's working great. I really have not used it for material yet, just for prints and paper work. I don't think the shelves are flimsy at all. I paid $600 for it

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Uline cart look nice when you have to bring the drawing with it otherwise the milwaukee with the locker on it is also great. I think going for a plastic one would be nice for easily modify them add some bar for my spool and maybe some side hook

Thanks for the advice ! if you got any other cart i would be curious to see them.

·
Registered
225 Posts
martindag said:
The Uline cart look nice when you have to bring the drawing with it otherwise the milwaukee with the locker on it is also great. I think going for a plastic one would be nice for easily modify them add some bar for my spool and maybe some side hook Thanks for the advice ! if you got any other cart i would be curious to see them.
The Milwaukee cart you can buy a wire rack and a pipe vise for it. But the cart weighs over 100lbs

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
35,194 Posts
Get some castors and plywood and custom build your own to suit your needs. Paint it so you don't look like a complete simpleton. Bend a handle out of emt or IMC. If you have to load a cart in and out of a van , just get a lightweight one from Grainger. But it won't last forever like your homemade plywood one will, if you are at a plant and it never needs to go in and out of a vehicle.

·
Coffee drinking member
I pretwist and then use wire nuts. Solder pots rule.
14,533 Posts
Here is the Rubbermaid cart I use.
It has room for 6 spools in the front on the 3 emt rows. The openings are 15"

Excuse the junk all around, today's the first time in months I've had to clean up.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I will try to get a pick of the Rubbermaid cart we use. They are the two shelf ones. We have modified them a bit. Filled the tips with 4" boxes for part separation. Made plywood hinged cover. Installed EMT for wire spool holders, etc.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.