Electrician Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined, from so cal. Ive been reading on here like a madman the last few nights. Loads of info. I just took the entrance exam for the local 11 apprenticeship (inside wireman) last Wed. Im confident I did well... I have a cousin in another local. However, with the way things are with the economy and the industry im a little confused on availability of (consistent) jobs for apprentices. I understand there are alot of more expecienced people out of work right now, but I also hear that as an apprentice there is no shortage??? Just trying to fiigure out what I should expect if I pass the oral interview and get accepted.

Any insight would be appreciated!

·
Registered
308 Posts
welcome to the forum.
This site helped a great deal, i'm sure it'll help you too.
There's a lot of people with a whole lot of knowleage willing to share it with the rest.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Checked the website today for the results... I passed, should get letter for interview soon. I read some good tips on what to expect during the interview here.
Thanks again! But can anyone provide some insight from their own experiences as they relate to my original post?:

"with the way things are with the economy and the industry im a little confused on availability of (consistent) jobs for apprentices. I understand there are alot of more expecienced people out of work right now, but I also hear that as an apprentice there is no shortage??? Just trying to fiigure out what I should expect if I pass the oral interview and get accepted. "

Also, I heard there was a physical exam? What would this consist of?

Have a great day

1 - 15 of 15 Posts