1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Estwing magic
26,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Bought it , had the same thought as you every friggin can is different it seems.
Used once threw it out window first hole .
Awful if you don't hit tile square if it had two more cutters would probably work ok.
Just my experience :)

·
:-)
3,670 Posts
They have one review there. It might grab. It's $38 and probably junk.

Buy the hole saw ($50) and don't loose it.

·
Premium Member
20,983 Posts
Only good on drywall and ceiling tile. No worky in plaster. You have to be VERY gentle with it.

Unless you truly get surprised with can sizes, just buy the correct hole saws for the common sizes.

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
daveEM said:
They have one review there. It might grab. It's $38 and probably junk. Buy the hole saw ($50) and don't loose it.
+1. I shattered one the first time I used it. Best to just get a real hole saw and suck it up.

99, with all the money you'll save on gas with the HHR, just buy a few phucking hole saws.

·
Estwing magic
26,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
+1. I shattered one the first time I used it. Best to just get a real hole saw and suck it up.

99, with all the money you'll save on gas with the HHR, just buy a few phucking hole saws.
I was seriously considering taking up beer drinking again with that money, not spending it on bloody hole saws :(

·
3,670 Posts
Can I borrow yours, Dave? I won't lose it. Promise :laughing:
NO! ... and not only that you can't borrow my....

:thumbup::thumbup:

The top one is my brief case... holds my deodorant, stuff like that so I don't smell like a pig when visiting customers. Invoice book also.

Bought specifically for a job actually.

Bottom big guy holds replacement smoke detectors and also acts like a garbage pail for the old ones, - see my post on the different technologies on smoke detectors.

Top guy as stated above, also 10 year batteries for the smokes.

Note the tiny guy on the top right. Holds the tic tac container, I actually do NOT have deodorant in the top box but do like to have nice breath when talking to customers. Also holds Business Cards.

I must now thank you for your original post on the Systainer cases. :thumbsup:

You still can't borrow them tho. :) Now to figure out what I can put in new ones that I want to add to my collection.

·
Estwing magic
26,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Wow, nice Dave. Where did you buy them? I looked at the jobs I need to finance and my Systainer budget turned into this:

Attachments

·
3,670 Posts
Ha!

Lee Valley, 18403 - 104 Ave.

When I bought the yellow twisty knob ( just for something different) the lady says have you seen the little tiny guys. So I got talked into a couple of them for $3.50 each.

Actualy a little more pro than the basket eh?

·
Estwing magic
26,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I like them. Hey, I went through the shop and found a hole saw. Don't know where it came from. I must have "borrowed" it from someone :) . That's fifty bucks towards the Systainer fund...

·
3,670 Posts
Yeah, I can see this becoming some kind of mental problem.

Every time I'm within 10 Km of the store I'll be checking my wallet to see if I have an extra +$60 in it for another case.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts