Electrician Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in need of a vacuum for pulling/pushing string and can't believe how f() $king expensive they are. The Li'l Fisher isn't too bad, I guess, at around $500. Anyone own that one, I can't find any reviews on it? Better yet, anyone want to sell one?

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
Can this really do same job as the overly priced greenlee's? Damn, I hope so!
No.

What you really need to look at is how far the vacuum will lift a column of water. The Greenlee is a 3-stage vacuum and has a lift capacity of 13x" (I don't remember if it's 132 or 139 or ..). Most 1 stage vacuums (like the shop vacs we use) will only lift about 60".

Saying all that, the shop vac will do most of what you need done. I spent $450 years ago to buy the lil fisher and I don't regret it. I do not use it for anything other than installing strings. I have a couple of shop vacs for clean up.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hardworkingstiff said:
No. What you really need to look at is how far the vacuum will lift a column of water. The Greenlee is a 3-stage vacuum and has a lift capacity of 13x" (I don't remember if it's 132 or 139 or ..). Most 1 stage vacuums (like the shop vacs we use) will only lift about 60". Saying all that, the shop vac will do most of what you need done. I spent $450 years ago to buy the lil fisher and I don't regret it. I do not use it for anything other than installing strings. I have a couple of shop vacs for clean up.
Great, that's all I needed to know! I appreciate the info, looks like ill most likely order it now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts