Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Electron Pathway Engineer
3,105 Posts
Great, now the tools will take forever to get to market. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
31,871 Posts
The sad fact of this is Greenlee will most likely move these jobs offshore in the future.

Good for the workers in the short term and MAYBE long term when manufacturing realizes that there is a positive to having workers in the USA.

There are so many facets to why manufactures leave, wages and regulations being the number one and two.

·
NO high voltage here
2,438 Posts
They wont move offshore. They pride themselves about being made locally.

A lot of the Training centers in the areas, also have partnerships with Ideal, Klein, Greenlee, and Milwaukee, as they are all local.

While its great for them, I can't imagine it is much of a pay raise for the ones here in rockford

·
Professional Nit Picker
2,341 Posts
They wont move offshore. They pride themselves about being made locally.

A lot of the Training centers in the areas, also have partnerships with Ideal, Klein, Greenlee, and Milwaukee, as they are all local.

While its great for them, I can't imagine it is much of a pay raise for the ones here in rockford
So did Black and Decker ---

Right up until they moved to mexico !

·
Registered
31,871 Posts
We had a fasco plant that wanted to unionize the union lost and the plant still went to mexico.
I told the story of my ex-employee that is in prison, worked in an AC Delco rewind shop in prison making .75 or .85 cents an hour. AC Delco shut the doors and moved to Mexico, if we can't compete with prison labor at .75-.85 cents an hour it is a lost cause.

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
While i don't doubt that true Brian, labor had one small ray of sunshine break through the clouds of globalism @ Greenlee

I'm going to go buy something Greenlee this week , consider it a protest purchase.....

~CS~

·
Electrical Contractor
9,325 Posts
What tools that Greenlee sells are made in the USA?

·
Registered
31,871 Posts
While i don't doubt that true Brian, labor had one small ray of sunshine break through the clouds of globalism @ Greenlee

I'm going to go buy something Greenlee this week , consider it a protest purchase.....

~CS~
Nothing against Greenlee but I am tooled out for a while.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts