Electrician Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm not certified in anything, but have been providing technical support on Schneider products (SquareD, Telemecanique, Merlin Gerin, etc) for over 17years. The company has provided plenty of training, and beyond that it has been the new problems arising everyday that I have learned on the job.

I entered this business starting at an electrical distributor so have some background knowledge on lighting and other generic electrical materials and equipment.

To my knowledge...no one has been electrocuted or died, so I suppose that shows I kind of know a little about what I am doing. :thumbup:

The past year I have been soley supporting VFD's (for a second time), but have experience with all control and distribution equipment. Its been a challenging year getting into this product again, but I like the challenges.

I worked for 10+ years in Canada and the past 5 years in the USA so seen issues and products on both sides of the border.

One of these days, I hope to get the time and money to attend some trade training or get some college courses under my belt. I am also fascinated with alternative energy and would like to someday build my own home with either partial or mostly renewable resources. But I need more time to get familiar with and test out solar and wind equipment.

·
Super Moderator
21,929 Posts
Welcome to the show. :thumbsup:

·
Electric Al
4,823 Posts
hey all,

i'm not certified in anything, but have been providing technical support on schneider products (squared, telemecanique, merlin gerin, etc) for over 17years. The company has provided plenty of training, and beyond that it has been the new problems arising everyday that i have learned on the job.

I entered this business starting at an electrical distributor so have some background knowledge on lighting and other generic electrical materials and equipment.

To my knowledge...no one has been electrocuted or died, so i suppose that shows i kind of know a little about what i am doing. :thumbup:

The past year i have been soley supporting vfd's (for a second time), but have experience with all control and distribution equipment. Its been a challenging year getting into this product again, but i like the challenges.

I worked for 10+ years in canada and the past 5 years in the usa so seen issues and products on both sides of the border.

One of these days, i hope to get the time and money to attend some trade training or get some college courses under my belt. I am also fascinated with alternative energy and would like to someday build my own home with either partial or mostly renewable resources. But i need more time to get familiar with and test out solar and wind equipment.

Welcome to the forum. :)

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,624 Posts
Hey all,

I'm not certified in anything, but have been providing technical support on Schneider products (SquareD, Telemecanique, Merlin Gerin, etc) for over 17years. The company has provided plenty of training, and beyond that it has been the new problems arising everyday that I have learned on the job.

To my knowledge...no one has been electrocuted or died, so I suppose that shows I kind of know a little about what I am doing. :thumbup:

The past year I have been soley supporting VFD's (for a second time), but have experience with all control and distribution equipment. Its been a challenging year getting into this product again, but I like the challenges.

I worked for 10+ years in Canada and the past 5 years in the USA so seen issues and products on both sides of the border.

One of these days, I hope to get the time and money to attend some trade training or get some college courses under my belt. I am also fascinated with alternative energy and would like to someday build my own home with either partial or mostly renewable resources. But I need more time to get familiar with and test out solar and wind equipment.
Welcome to the forum let the fun begin....:thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts