Electrician Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I'm a mining electrician working in a gold mine near Fairbanks, AK. 43 year old retired Army Guardsman with about 15 Yrs. of mine/mill maintenance time (off and on between deployments). I have found that usually when I hit up Google with an electrical question I end up in one of your threads. So much knowledge here! I'm not a contractor and not a licensed journeyman, having always worked for mining companies on their own property. I'd like to hang around and participate in some discussions.

Thanks!
John

·
Registered
11 Posts
Welcome on board and Yeah this forum is very resourceful and full of information whenever you are searching for something related to electric.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Hi guys. I'm a mining electrician working in a gold mine near Fairbanks, AK. 43 year old retired Army Guardsman with about 15 Yrs. of mine/mill maintenance time (off and on between deployments). I have found that usually when I hit up Google with an electrical question I end up in one of your threads. So much knowledge here! I'm not a contractor and not a licensed journeyman, having always worked for mining companies on their own property. I'd like to hang around and participate in some discussions.

Thanks!
John
Hello John Welcome to ET and thank you for your service.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,411 Posts

Thanks!
John
How are things at Wainwright? I spent a lot of time at Eilson?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Riveter. I haven't interacted with the military since I left Texas two years ago, but I do pay attention.. Wainright is getting more troops and Eielson is in the running for an F-35 squadron. Last year the big fight was over whether or not the F-16s were leaving for Anchorage. I guess they won that battle and they stayed here. So many jobs tied to the military here so it gets hot when you're talking base downsizing etc..

Sent from my LGL35G using Tapatalk 2

1 - 8 of 8 Posts