Electrician Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I'm excited to learn as much as I can from the members here on this site, I've been lurking for a few years now. I just turned out of my IBEW apprenticeship last June and I'm eager to keep learning. I feel like I have worked on a large array of different projects, my favorite being industrial work (mostly at Aerojet).

I'm looking to get into the niche areas of electrical work (motor/hvac controls, instrumentation, troubleshooting) because it seems these guys stay busy the most. Any information regarding these fields/skills would be great. I look forward to hearing from everyone and becoming a contributing member.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Hey everyone I'm excited to learn as much as I can from the members here on this site, I've been lurking for a few years now. I just turned out of my IBEW apprenticeship last June and I'm eager to keep learning. I feel like I have worked on a large array of different projects, my favorite being industrial work (mostly at Aerojet).

I'm looking to get into the niche areas of electrical work (motor/hvac controls, instrumentation, troubleshooting) because it seems these guys stay busy the most. Any information regarding these fields/skills would be great. I look forward to hearing from everyone and becoming a contributing member.
Hello Matt Welcome aboard.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Hey man the work is picking up nicely. I turned out of local 340 in sacramento but moved to the bay because there is so much work here. Consistently calls are going into book 2.

How is the work in socal?
Dude! That's great man. It's a little slow right now, we've got 140 some apprentices on the book and same for jw's. we're about 1000 strong.

The solar work will bring in some very good revenue this winter and for hopefully the next four years. We've got some things lined up but you know, just waitin. I'm currently working for a contractor that's got a lot, so well see. I've always heard of San Fran being busy, it's awfully tempting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.