Electrician Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Electrician Talk,

I am a recent graduate of a 3 year program at Sheridan College of Brampton Ontario Canada; I graduated with an Electronics Engineering Technologist diploma and I am very interested in becoming an electrician. Prior to completing the diploma I completed the electrician pre-apprenticeship course at the same college however at the time I was more interested in micro-electronics. Having completed the course I am interested in PLC as well as electronics and many other areas of this fascinating field. I have been actively seeking an apprenticeship in the areas of Toronto; Brampton; Oakville; Mississauga; Burlington without much success since my graduation in December of 2013.

If anyone is interested in what Sheridan College had to offer in terms of course material here is a short summary:

• Troubleshooting electrical systems
  • Microcontroller / Microprocessor application and theory
  • Video Systems and Control Systems
  • C programming / general application development
  • Electrical devices and circuit design
  • Power generation and distribution
  • Communication systems / technology
  • Control systems and PLC
  • general mathematics, introductory differential and integral calculus
I can elaborate on these topics if anyone is really interested. Obviously nothing I was exposed to during college compares to learning in a real work environment, and if I am ever given the chance to enter the workforce I intend to approach this career with an open mind and (generally) a closed mouth :p

That's about all I have to say for my intro, I look forward to reading about the community and learning what ever i can :D

cheers.

·
Registered
745 Posts
cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.