Electrician Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Salutations and good day all!

As you may have guessed, I am looking to become an electrician in the future. I start my technicial in a little over two weeks, and I have to admit I am pretty excited. Before I go any further I'd like to thank all the posters for the abundant amount of useful posts I have found on this site. I can easily spend 2+ hours just browsing the forums, looking up the various acronyms and just reading about everyone's experiences. Truly inspiring.

A little about myself: Originally from Chicago, Illinois. Joined the Navy in 2009 as an AT ( Aviation Electronics Technician ). Military was fun, but didn't enjoy the constant moving, especially with having a wife and child. Previous duty station was Everett WA so for now I'm settled here. Well Ive rambled on enough. Hope to be able to contribute useful information in the future. Thanks for reading.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts

As you may have guessed, I am looking to become an electrician in the future. I start my technicial in a little over two weeks, and I have to admit I am pretty excited. Before I go any further I'd like to thank all the posters for the abundant amount of useful posts I have found on this site. I can easily spend 2+ hours just browsing the forums, looking up the various acronyms and just reading about everyone's experiences. Truly inspiring.

A little about myself: Originally from Chicago, Illinois. Joined the Navy in 2009 as an AT ( Aviation Electronics Technician ). Military was fun, but didn't enjoy the constant moving, especially with having a wife and child. Previous duty station was Everett WA so for now I'm settled here. Well Ive rambled on enough. Hope to be able to contribute useful information in the future. Thanks for reading.

Hello,Welcome Aboard.:thumbsup:

And Thank you for your service,,,,:thumbup:

Good luck in School.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Living in Everett with your experience you may want to look into getting into an apprenticeship at Boeing for Machine Tool Electronics Technician. Its a good company with some pretty amazing equipment that you don't have a chance to work on anywhere else.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts

So you are familiar with TACAN, the Air Force version of DME.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Living in Everett with your experience you may want to look into getting into an apprenticeship at Boeing for Machine Tool Electronics Technician. Its a good company with some pretty amazing equipment that you don't have a chance to work on anywhere else.
Thanks for the advice loop. I don't graduate for another 2 years but I'll definitely research it.

·
Registered
44 Posts

Hooyah!

ET2 here, residential apprentice electrician down in Portland.

·
Registered
782 Posts

wellcome to ET sir,its. one place where you get to learn and share your experience too

will be looking forward to reading you posts. all the best

Sent from my HUAWEI Y210-0100 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.