Electrician Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

My name is Nathan and I'm born and raised Kitchener, ON (and Waterloo, by extension). I've been looking to get into the trade for a few years now, and have been working as a "helper" with a local guy for about a month now. I'm 21 now, but have been tinkering with electronics and such since at least age 10. I was heavily involved in the sound/lighting/video scene through high school and that's where I really figured out that I wanted to get into electrical. Over the years I've repaired (or at least attempted :thumbsup: ) all manners of things; electrical and not; but I am really looking forward to really learning the ropes.

I've been lurking the forums for a while now, and I'm always excited to learn new things and this trade seems to have an endless supply of new things to learn.

I was hired with the intention of becoming an apprentice and all seems to be going well so far, but I know many people who have been told the same story before. If anyone has any tips on how to get the ball rolling or how long before "enough is enough", I am all ears! But really at this point, I'm just happy to be getting some experience in the tough market of Ontario. I will have to decide soon when time is up though!

As far as where I plan to get to, I'd love to have my own shop some day, probably somewhere up in cottage country (because let's be serious, who doesn't love the cottage? ;) ). But life changes quick and you never know what's going to happen, so for right now I'd just like to get into the apprenticeship program.

Thanks for listening, and happy Independence Day to those down south - hope you all enjoyed your weekend! :thumbup:

·
RIP 1959-2015
10,750 Posts
Hello Everyone,

My name is Nathan and I'm born and raised Kitchener, ON (and Waterloo, by extension). I've been looking to get into the trade for a few years now, and have been working as a "helper" with a local guy for about a month now. I'm 21 now, but have been tinkering with electronics and such since at least age 10. I was heavily involved in the sound/lighting/video scene through high school and that's where I really figured out that I wanted to get into electrical. Over the years I've repaired (or at least attempted :thumbsup: ) all manners of things; electrical and not; but I am really looking forward to really learning the ropes.

I've been lurking the forums for a while now, and I'm always excited to learn new things and this trade seems to have an endless supply of new things to learn.

I was hired with the intention of becoming an apprentice and all seems to be going well so far, but I know many people who have been told the same story before. If anyone has any tips on how to get the ball rolling or how long before "enough is enough", I am all ears! But really at this point, I'm just happy to be getting some experience in the tough market of Ontario. I will have to decide soon when time is up though!

As far as where I plan to get to, I'd love to have my own shop some day, probably somewhere up in cottage country (because let's be serious, who doesn't love the cottage? ;) ). But life changes quick and you never know what's going to happen, so for right now I'd just like to get into the apprenticeship program.

Thanks for listening, and happy Independence Day to those down south - hope you all enjoyed your weekend! :thumbup:
Hello Nathan welcome aboard :thumbup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.