Electrician Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inspection report was given on an apartment building with 400 amp disconnect feeding 8 gang meter cabinet array with 100 amp breakers built into meter cabinet. 1/0 Al SER leaves each breaker and feeds sub panels in each apartment. The inspector said each meter needs its own ground and that the two existing ground rods and #4 bare copper are not sufficient. also the 400 amp disconnect needs replaced and my question is it required or can the meter cabinet be fed directly from the overhead service?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is the problem i run into with all home inspectors, sorry i left out that title. I wasnt sure on the disconnect as i dont run into multi meter assemblies other then the occasional two on a single family house. I couldnt figure out his stance on the grounding, it was one of those "Im sure its right but now I feel compelled to make sure" Hey better to be humble and ask then cocky and sued right...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.