Electrician Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
250.30(A)(4)(c) requires that grounding electrode conductor taps be accomplished by specific means, including an irreversible compression connector.

250.64(C) requires that the grounding electrode conductor not be spliced, except by specific means, including an irreversible compression connector.

The picture below depicts an irreversible compression connector type of GEC tap.

·
Premium Member
20,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most of the AHJs around here like to see the copper crimps used on GECs.
I notice that the utilities generally use copper C-taps or copper H-taps for their grounding electrode taps. The alloy one in my picture is rated for copper or aluminium, so I just carry that one as truck stock. I use the same one to tap up (normally #6) triplex drops to detached garages and such. I also use them to extend short range cables when doing panel changes and service upgrades, when the jacket of the cable will reach the panel connector, but the conductors are too short to reach the breaker. If you tape them up, they are a very compact way to make a splice in a panel gutter on the heavier conductors.

·
Premium Member
19,996 Posts
250.30(A)(4)(c) requires that grounding electrode conductor taps be accomplished by specific means, including an irreversible compression connector.

250.64(C) requires that the grounding electrode conductor not be spliced, except by specific means, including an irreversible compression connector.

The picture below depicts an irreversible compression connector type of GEC tap.

Old?????

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
34,754 Posts
You mean bumpin' MD's threads?

The word is, he's not coming back, didn't want some sort of ascii acknowledgement

If so, i say we respect his wishes....

~CS~
Last Activity: Yesterday, 10:25 pm *Pacific time

·
Old Grumpy Bastard
GOV/MIL contracting
62,147 Posts
This is the oldest thread I could find. I win. Now the game's over.
This thread just makes me think that photobucket should be sued for changing user terms of use after so many years of pics from that site being posted on various sites.

Reactions: splatz
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.