Electrician Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys haven't posted in awhile, but still look here about everyday! So I gotta vent a bit. My brother in law bought a new house and needed me to run a range circuit for him so I go look at. As I was looking I notice that there was an issue with the grounding all new romex new panel which was a 200 amp panel and 100 amp service 100 amp breaker back feeding panel so I say something and he was like ya they seen that and he had an electrical contractor come in and do it well they ran the ground from panel 30' on top of the Sheetrock celing then hit the gas line which was like 75' from where it comes in didn't even bother to try the water line or ground rods. This just makes me mad cause they didn't even do it right and he wouldn't have notice this if I didn't come look at it and point it out. Should I say anything about it or just look the other way. I mean how many times has this contractor done shody work and gets away with it! I work for a union contractor and this contractor is on

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Clintmiljavac said:
Hey guys haven't posted in awhile, but still look here about everyday! So I gotta vent a bit. My brother in law bought a new house and needed me to run a range circuit for him so I go look at. As I was looking I notice that there was an issue with the grounding all new romex new panel which was a 200 amp panel and 100 amp service 100 amp breaker back feeding panel so I say something and he was like ya they seen that and he had an electrical contractor come in and do it well they ran the ground from panel 30' on top of the Sheetrock celing then hit the gas line which was like 75' from where it comes in didn't even bother to try the water line or ground rods. This just makes me mad cause they didn't even do it right and he wouldn't have notice this if I didn't come look at it and point it out. Should I say anything about it or just look the other way. I mean how many times has this contractor done shody work and gets away with it! I work for a union contractor and this contractor is one of our signatory contractors

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.