Electrician Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember when I used to think I had a guaranteed job. Soon after I started my own business, it was then I realized that my job was now guaranteed since I'll never fire myself. I bring this up because I found out today that my FIL, at the ripe old age of 58 got fired today.

A few years ago, he sold his life insurance business to a life insurance company. They paid all his debt he owed to the IRS, and started taking it out of his check. He still owes them, but at one time, owed them over $60k.

After they bought him out, he went to work for them and did the same thing he did when he owned his business. They found that he was not making them any money, so they fired him today with a 6 weeks notice.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
carryyourbooks said:
I remember when I used to think I had a guaranteed job. Soon after I started my own business, it was then I realized that my job was now guaranteed since I'll never fire myself. I bring this up because I found out today that my FIL, at the ripe old age of 58 got fired today. A few years ago, he sold his life insurance business to a life insurance company. They paid all his debt he owed to the IRS, and started taking it out of his check. He still owes them, but at one time, owed them over $60k. After they bought him out, he went to work for them and did the same thing he did when he owned his business. They found that he was not making them any money, so they fired him today with a 6 weeks notice.
my mother had a good friend who lost his job at about that age. The sad part was that was a few years ago, im sure after a while he may have played a part in it,but hes still unemployed.

·
Registered
Arsholeprentice
7,490 Posts
My SIL keeps telling my nephew the importance of going to college to get a degree and go to work for a large company, a place that has security, that will have all the benefits, and will keep him working.:laughing::laughing:

I have to keep telling him that there is nothing wrong with not going to college, and nothing wrong with going either, but don't do it thinking that what your mom is telling you will actually happen. Those companies and jobs just don't exist anymore.:no::no:

Sucks about your FIL, wish him the best.:thumbsup:

Reactions: Indman
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.