Electrician Talk banner

Guitar amp issue, need help

1195 1
Hey guys,

First of all, feel free to move this post if I'm in the wrong forum (I'm new on here.)
Anyway...

I recently bought a Vox AC30VR (valvereactor, a hybrid tube/solid state amp) and when i first tried it, nothing was wrong. It sounded good. But when I got it cranked up at home, it sounded distorted/overdriven on the clean channel, even though i did not play at a high volume or with any gain. It was not the classic, crisp tube overdrive that you get when you crank it up a lot.

It was a thin, weird kind of distortion. The kind you get when power is low or eventual batteries in the guitar pickups are dying. But I have tested this amp with several guitars and cables, and besides, the guitars and cables i used work fine on other amps in my house or outside my house.

I brought the amp to my local music store, and the amp suddenly sounded as it was supposed to; great. But back home again, it was back to bad. Moreover, the amp does not play as loud at home as i think it is capable of (I think).

What could this be? Thanks in advance!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
Licensed Electrical Contractor
11,733 Posts
Thanks for posting on ElectricianTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ElectricianTalk.com is designed for electrical industry professionals to discuss issues and topics related to the electrical trades and related industries. Many of our professionals are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.