Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I enjoy looking at others hack work. Thought you guys mike like to as well. So I was thinking why not a thread of hack, unsafe, or just plain wtf pics that you have.
Here's some of mine to get the ball rolling

Homeowner installed sub panel

Awesome way to cut the seal

Romex running up the swamp cooler duct work

All FPE mains btw, most of them didn't have handle ties on them either

Found this beauty in my own home

Troffer in the kitchen gotta love it

·
Registered
322 Posts
How many things can you find wrong here? Not including the door to the right of the picture and a 1000 gallon propane tank to my back in ground just around 10 ft away.

Attachments

·
Conservitum Americum
8,725 Posts
In a Taco Bell under the drive through counter. :whistling2:

and the last contestant is, the guy that ran each 2 wire smoke homerun back to the panel then wired them in series. :blink: Homeowner, electrician, :eek: told me the alarm has never worked. Duh!

·
Registered
8 Posts

This is in my own house, been meaning to run a new line.

My dad does radio maintenance and installs for a lot of the fire departments in my area and occasionally telephone wiring and cat 5 runs and the fire departments are the worst violators of the code. One time I opened up a radio cabinet and they used 18/2 lamp cord tapped off 120v that was already there and would have pigtails with a jumper to another pigtail because the wirenut couldn't fit another more conductors. The cabinet was stuffed full of wires and it's made of wood haha.

·
NJ-IEC
14,387 Posts
How many things can you find wrong here? Not including the door to the right of the picture and a 1000 gallon propane tank to my back in ground just around 10 ft away.
The first thing my eye is trained to see is the lack of clearance here. Carbon monoxide can kill you. Shame but I see this all too often..

1 - 20 of 36 Posts