Electrician Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured i'd post up an introduction.

Hello my name is Greg and I have a prob.... oh, wait, wrong place ;)

I went to Reading Area Community College for Electrical Technology and proceeded to Penn State for Nanoscience as I had wanted to get into solar cell manufacturing. Of course if you politics as the last federally funded solar manufacturer leaves the country that probably was not a wise idea.

I proceeded to get involved in solar electric installations through an electrical construction firm and to date have installed over 500kw of solar and have designed from ground up projects to the scale of 250kw. I've spent 4 years permitting, designing and installing solar pv, wind, and 1 small hydro turbine.

I hold a LEED AP credential, BPI Certified Building Analyst and Envelope and Shell Professional, I am taking my NABCEP PV exam this upcoming Saturday and plan to take my Master Electrician exam this spring.

I figured as my goal is to pursue further advancement in the electrical construction industry, with more focus on commercial green building projects, I should start getting involved in the electricians side of things as PV tends to be pushing towards electrical contractors holding the credentials instead of solar integrators.

This is how I ended up here!

Nice to meet everyone.

·
Super Moderator
21,937 Posts
Welcome. :thumbsup:

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,624 Posts
Figured i'd post up an introduction.

Hello my name is Greg and I have a prob.... oh, wait, wrong place ;)

I went to Reading Area Community College for Electrical Technology and proceeded to Penn State for Nanoscience as I had wanted to get into solar cell manufacturing. Of course if you politics as the last federally funded solar manufacturer leaves the country that probably was not a wise idea.

I proceeded to get involved in solar electric installations through an electrical construction firm and to date have installed over 500kw of solar and have designed from ground up projects to the scale of 250kw. I've spent 4 years permitting, designing and installing solar pv, wind, and 1 small hydro turbine.

I hold a LEED AP credential, BPI Certified Building Analyst and Envelope and Shell Professional, I am taking my NABCEP PV exam this upcoming Saturday and plan to take my Master Electrician exam this spring.

I figured as my goal is to pursue further advancement in the electrical construction industry, with more focus on commercial green building projects, I should start getting involved in the electricians side of things as PV tends to be pushing towards electrical contractors holding the credentials instead of solar integrators.

This is how I ended up here!

Nice to meet everyone.

Welcome to the forum let the fun begin..:thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts