Electrician Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys store your large hammerdrill bits? I'm talking about the ones that are 18"+ and maybe up to 1" wide. The shop stores all of our core drill bits for us but the other ones we all have our own.

The case for my hammerdrill just fell apart and I had to get a replacement and it isn't big enough to store the bits and drill in the case.

·
Data Tech/Apprentice.
9,013 Posts
An auger roll, like a wrench roll but not asymetrical.

·
Banned
1,073 Posts
I use a Hilti TE-7C as my SDS-Plus drill. I keep all the bits including the long 1" bit in the Hilti case it came with.

I use a Hilti TE-60 as my big SDS-Max drill. I don't have a case for it so I keep all the bits in a gang box in the shop. When I get a van I'll just throw them on a shelf. I pretty much always know what size bit I am going to need so I will just grab the drill and the bit I need instead of taking everything with me.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Keep all of my spline drive bits in a piece of 4" PVC Pipe with a clean out one end and a glue-on cap on the other. The glue-on has a round piece of 1/4''plywood (the OD of the 4" pipe) and the glue-on is bolted on the pipe so it should not come off.

LC

·
Registered
14,325 Posts
PVC tubes. Glued on cap at the bottom, silicone cap on top, stuff a rag in the bottom and soak with wd-40 every so often.

·
Data Tech/Apprentice.
9,013 Posts
The medium dewalt toughcase will fit 4.5kg SDS, M18 SDS, bit roll, SDS to jacobs chuck, long chisels and drills and room for a parts box of masonry anchors.

·
Banned
1,073 Posts
The medium dewalt toughcase will fit 4.5kg SDS, M18 SDS, bit roll, SDS to jacobs chuck, long chisels and drills and room for a parts box of masonry anchors.
I thought about doing that. But it's super heavy. So that's why I got in the habit of just grabbing the drill, chucking up whatever bit I will need, and throwing it over my shoulder to carry it where I need it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts