Electrician Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I need to get about a two dozen sets of the ear muff style hearing protection that attaches to hard hats. Does anybody have any recommendations on brand and/or where to buy?

http://www.pittsburghbulbs.com

Yeah, dont buy them. Try lugging them around on your head all day. Honestly, your neck gets sore.

·
Donuts > Fried Eggs
17,042 Posts
Earmuffs! Just in time for summer, too. :no:

Unless you are required to have them for double-protection, I'd work like heck to get by with earplugs. Like ee said, they often provide better noise attenuation, especially if you're wearing safety glasses, and they're a heck of a lot more comfortable.

If anyone takes this out of context, they've made an enemy for life, but I'd prefer plugs over muffs any day.

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,543 Posts
I gotta tell you a little story. You don't want to lose your eyesight, and you don't want to lose your hearing,. protect them. Otherwise, you will end up at 50 yrs young, like me, with some 20 yr old broad tellin me that I have hearing loss and I need to spend 6000+ /yr to buy the latest greatest hearing aids, and showing me a chart about how bad my hearing is. just sayin......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.