Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 237 Posts

·
13,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's with a heavy heart I post this. Harry, Black Dog has past away. I talked to his wife today. She is going to send me his obituary. When I get it, I will post it. Damn it all to hell. He was someone I really wanted to meet. We talked on the phone and you could tell he was somebody who cared. I'm going to miss him!
Harry and I rarely saw eye to eye but there were few people on this forum with more charisma. I, personally, appreciate his stance on animal welfare - and I am going to make a donation in his name (or at least his ET name) to our local animal shelter. RIP Harry. I wish the best for your family and pet(s).

·
13,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What a shock..do you know what happened (or are you at liberty to say..) ?

My sincere condolences to his family and friends..he will be missed.
All I saw was backstay's post and simply quoted it here. Sounds like he will post the obituary when he gets it.

·
Super Moderator
Licensed Electrical Contractor
11,753 Posts
This truly is sad, and shocking. Like Eric, outside the electrical field we rarely agreed, but he was a character and I also admired his love and defense of animals.
He will definitely be missed.

·
Watt Pusher
2,502 Posts
Always the first to welcome a newcomer, and generally a very helpful and friendly guy from what I could see. A loss to this forum, as well as those in his real life obviously.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,547 Posts
I really appreciated Harry's spirit and personality, and even though we never met I considered him a friend. I can't believe it.

RIP Harry.

·
Band Member
DIYer Extrodinaire
6,669 Posts
Haven't been on long enough to know him, but he did jump in right away welcome me to the group. Sounds like a really good person.

They say you can tell a lot about a man, by the way he treats his dog !

Reactions: micromind

·
THE "BIG RED MACHINE"
3,416 Posts
Harry and I got into the trade around the same year 1974.Doing so on opposite coasts. ( I'll miss his inperson reports from the different sports venues)
:sad::sad:

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
WTF happened?

RIP bro, you will be missed BIG TIME!

Reactions: BuzzKill

·
2 + 2 ≠ 5
180 Posts
Only having seen his tireless contributions here in these past few months, I think he embodied some of the Old Yankee spirit. The hard, rocky New England soil once yielded many such men who met life's challenges with dogged determination, wary of man's fallen nature, yet ever mindful of an eternal reward.*Godspeed.

1 - 20 of 237 Posts