Electrician Talk banner

21 - 40 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Harry was a great guy, was always the first to welcome new members! I am a die-hard Yankees fan, when Harry's Mom passed, I told him I would change my avatar from Hilti to the Boston Red Sox logo for a month in honor of his mom, Harry at first didn't believe me , but loved it when I did it, and reminded me daily lol. This ones for you Harry!!

Another ET legend passes, rest in peace Harry.

·
Banned
11,766 Posts
:vs_sad::vs_sob::vs_sob:

I will truly miss him, I really will. He brought so much life to his forum. I enjoyed reading every post having tremendous respect for his views on animal rights.

RIP

·
Registered
266 Posts
Sorry to learn of his passing. He could get under my skin sometimes, but I will miss his contributions here.

The faults of our brothers, we write upon the sands, their virtues on tablets of love and memory.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I haven't posted much, but have read almost everything for a couple of years. It was obvious to this outsider that Harry deeply loved his, and all, dogs, and he greatly valued this forum and put forth real effort to make it a better place. A good way to honor him is to follow his good example.

·
Registered
12,376 Posts
Richard Carr, Of Newton, passed away unexpectedly November 7th, 2015 at the Brigham & Women’s Hospital in Boston at the age of 55. Born on December 12, 1959 in White Plains, NY; son of the late Robert and Jane (Rusk) Carr, Richie was raised and lived most of his life in Newton. A graduate of Newton North High School, Richie went on to Coyne School of Electricity. He was employed as a Master Electrician throughout his life owning & operating his own business “Richard A. Carr Electrical”. He was a member of the Electrical Forum and the International Dart Association. He had a love of dogs especially his own “Harry”. Richie is survived by his loving & devoted wife of 26 years Margaret M. “Peggy” Mancuso, his dear brother & sister Robert Carr and his wife Michaela Dewale of Augusta, GA and Susan Carr and her husband Leonard “Lenny” Shine of North Canton CT. In addition he is survived by several nieces & nephews. Relatives & Friends are respectfully invited to attend a Graveside Funeral Service in celebration of Richard’s Life at Calvary Cemetery, 250 High Street, WALTHAM on Friday November 20th at 1:00 p.m. The Brasco & Sons Memorial Chapels of WALTHAM assisted the family with arrangements.

http://www.brascofuneralhome.com/book-of-memories/2286283/Carr-Richard/service-details.php

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
Thanks Backstay.

It says he died in the hospital. I wonder if he was in there for his sinuses again?

Man, I'm really going to miss that guy. He was infectious.

·
Bilge Rat
7,025 Posts
The main thing, to me, that stood out about Harry was the plain and simple fact that he would stand his ground.

No matter who or how many agreed or disagreed with his opinions, he still stood firm.

Whether or not I personally agree with him is immaterial; I will always admire anyone who stands up for what he believes.

·
Registered
12,376 Posts
Thanks Backstay.

It says he died in the hospital. I wonder if he was in there for his sinuses again?

Man, I'm really going to miss that guy. He was infectious.
Rich died from a massive stroke. I'm going to miss him more than I can say. He was just a pup, 9 months younger than me. We talked on the phone, he had that accent that was right out of the movies. His wife was trying to get Apple to unlock his computer so she could tell us, but no go. She knew who I was, said he talked about me and talked about the forum a lot. It was important to him, you all were important to him. The people that disagreed with him he defended when we would discuss the different threads. He really did care.

Good bye my friend!

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,547 Posts
Is it possible to sen flowers or something for for his family?
can someone here set up a fund me account, I'd like to donate to flowers or something as well.

21 - 40 of 237 Posts