Electrician Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tennessee College of Applied Technology Has anybody been to this school? I'm interested in the Mechatronics program.

When I lived in Denver and worked on cars. There was this school called Lincoln tech and almost every shop I worked for would just throw the resume of those applicants in the trash. I kind of get the same feeling about this school.

Osuit in Oklahoma had a great Toyota training program and we got a lot of good guys from there. They have an instrumentation program

http://go.osuit.edu/academics/engineering_technologies/instrumentation/study/associate

My Local community college has a mechatronics program and I know it's a good school I just want to get out of Missouri But I may stay just till I get through school I just don't if the program is sufficient enough

https://www.macc.edu/certificate-programs?id=1533

If someone could compare the two programs that would be great. I want to learn what I need to know If I need to learn more math or physics ect... to be successful I'm down to do it. (Idk if you guys allows links I apologize in advance) My ultimate goal Is to be a PLC/Controls/Pneumatics Technician Not an engineer. Another question is to do PLC work will I need a state license/apprentice for so long as if I were commercial electrician ect...? I've applied with apprenticeship programs like the Ibew in missouri, colorado, and arizona and CITC in colorado and plumbers local 8 in kansas city just for grins, and after applying with 140 contractors over the past year and few months and not hearing anything back I would rather just get the ball rolling than wait for somebody to give me success. I notice a lot of jobs want 5 year or more experience and entry level jobs don't seem to exist

Any advice would be great.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I know nothing about them, but I would find out if this is a for-profit school; many have closed their doors recently leaving students with credits that aren't accepted anywhere else. If they are a state run school, at least they won't disappear with your money.

Caveat Studentm Potentialis (not really Latin, but your should get the idea)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts