Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have looked at it and it seems nice and easy for a hook up. A friend said he talked to someone at JCP&L and he told them yes. Now i Guess I have to call to make sure. I wonder if different areas of JCP&L play by different rules ??? I am in Ocean County NJ.
It seems like a very simple solution for the home owner and a safe setup to keep the lineman safer with the generator isolation stuff.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have looked at it and it seems nice and easy for a hook up. A friend said he talked to someone at JCP&L and he told them yes. Now i Guess I have to call to make sure. I wonder if different areas of JCP&L play by different rules ??? I am in Ocean County NJ.
It seems like a very simple solution for the home owner and a safe setup to keep the lineman safer with the generator isolation stuff.
I called about it last year before sandy, unless they changed their opinion? Call and find out and report back :thumbup:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I called about it last year before sandy, unless they changed their opinion? Call and find out and report back :thumbup:
OK will do when I find out more. Friend was checking around during the summer on it. From what I got out of him ya have to get a licensed electrician to put it in and check things out. What the town rules are is a whole nother thing.

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
well, don't you folks have disco's ahead of your meters jza?

one would think the blast from undersized genny's assuming a whole house load a bit more displaced.....

~CS~

·
Banned
4,505 Posts
CyberKnight said:
I have looked at it and it seems nice and easy for a hook up. A friend said he talked to someone at JCP&L and he told them yes. Now i Guess I have to call to make sure. I wonder if different areas of JCP&L play by different rules ??? I am in Ocean County NJ. It seems like a very simple solution for the home owner and a safe setup to keep the lineman safer with the generator isolation stuff.
I am also in Ocean County and there is no way in hell that you are going to get away with using that.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Unless it's a really crappy generator it should have a breaker switch that would just kick out with too much load. But I have also not had any problems with them. Customers know they have to cut off all high current loads and only run what they need to.

·
Banned
1,246 Posts
Quote me a listing/rating on this 'amazing no-wiring needed' widget Hax

~CS~
Steve, why haven't you answered my question?

Once again, you make statements that you can't backup.

As for me quoting you a listing, why would I? It says at the top of the website "UL Listed". I never said the device was listed nor do I care. Do your own legwork. The listing on the device has nothing to do with this discussion.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.