Electrician Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'm down a pair of Kliens and I brought back my pair of first run Journeyman's. The insulation is cracked pretty bad. Usable with some tape, but needs to be replaced.

I haven't seen the red re-grips lately but might use those.

It seems like dipping them would be a great way to re-grip. does anyone have any experience with this. It seems pretty straightforward, dip, dry.

Any tips? (Besides new Knipex, I know...)

·
RIP 1959-2015
10,750 Posts
So I'm down a pair of Kliens and I brought back my pair of first run Journeyman's. The insulation is cracked pretty bad. Usable with some tape, but needs to be replaced.

I haven't seen the red re-grips lately but might use those.

It seems like dipping them would be a great way to re-grip. does anyone have any experience with this. It seems pretty straightforward, dip, dry.

Any tips? (Besides new Knipex, I know...)
Klein-Tools-89:thumbup:

http://www.amazon.com/Klein-Tools-89-Replacement-Tools-Koat/dp/B00093D7AI/ref=sr_1_1/181-7462771-0490862?ie=UTF8&qid=1404857090&sr=8-1&keywords=klein+replacement+grips

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I still have my original pair of Klein linesmans from when I started 10 years ago....it is probably the only tool I haven't lost or worn out yet. Don't ask me how???

The tool gods must know I want some Knipex linesmans so these will probably last another 10 years....:censored::laughing:

·
Sparks fly from my finger
2,530 Posts
The Kline replacement handles are good. I did the dip on a pair of linemans and didn't like it. Dipped it several times and it was still thin.

I don't have much problems with the handles on linemans. The cutters need to be non metallic though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.