Electrician Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm changing out an 150 amp FPE panel to a 200 amp CH panel. Adding 2 ground rods and running ground to water pipe coming in the house about 20 ft away. Job is pretty cut and dry and don't see any problems. Also it is a underground service so no need for new service drop. What would you guys price something out like this for. I'm thinking $1200.

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
I'm changing out an 150 amp FPE panel to a 200 amp CH panel. Adding 2 ground rods and running ground to water pipe coming in the house about 20 ft away. Job is pretty cut and dry and don't see any problems. Also it is a underground service so no need for new service drop. What would you guys price something out like this for. I'm thinking $1200.
Be careful that doesn't require $1000 of afci's in your state Md....

~CS~

·
THE "BIG RED MACHINE"
3,416 Posts
do it for your price then evaluate whether was worth your time after completion. I adjust your price accordingly afterwards.

·
Banned
303 Posts
I just did one in Montgomery County Maryland
PEPCO never showed the day the meter pull was scheduled
Waited the next day for 5 hours on the inspector

$1,200.00 would have sucked

·
Estwing magic
27,400 Posts
I just quoted a panel change out for $1200.00. On the job already, 100A, ground is already there, no additional plywood needed, AFCI troubleshooting extra.

·
IBEW L.U. 1852
5,261 Posts
I just quoted a panel change out for $1200.00. On the job already, 100A, ground is already there, no additional plywood needed, AFCI troubleshooting extra.
I would do that job for $1200 if and only if....the place had a main disconnect and I was able to shut it down and not need the poco for any reason.
We legally can't pull the meter or cut the lines to shut down so I would have to do it live and that just isn't gonna happen.

·
Estwing magic
27,400 Posts
I would do that job for $1200 if and only if....the place had a main disconnect and I was able to shut it down and not need the poco for any reason.
We legally can't pull the meter or cut the lines to shut down so I would have to do it live and that just isn't gonna happen.
Utility comes out in the morning, they pull the meter and give us a jumper, they come back in the afternoon and put the meter back in.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
If you have not given the price yet, and the job does not need a lot of redistribution of the loads in the panel, go at it for $8.00/amp.

·
Registered
141 Posts
You mean what would a contractor charge Vs what an unlicensed side worker shouldn't be doing at all?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.