Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, G-man here, Local 3 Electrician for 23 + years now, wow , that went fast!

Looking foward to trading info , how to's and all that stuff with everyone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not at all as fast as hoped.

I believe some of the steel has broken street level, lots of politics and other nonsense has been slowing up the whole project for years.

·
Registered
11,095 Posts
Not at all as fast as hoped.

I believe some of the steel has broken street level, lots of politics and other nonsense has been slowing up the whole project for years.
Yea, That is what I thought. I have picture's of when i visited back in 2006 and it was still a hole in the ground. Just my opinion I think we need to build the biggest building in the world there.

·
Town Drunk
3,725 Posts
Welcome! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Why is it every post no matter what goes back to union/ non union. All non union seem to paint the picture about how union guys always talk about it but yet seems every post non union guys have nothing but bashing unions. Does it really matter how we put food on the table? Does it really matter if unions are going to milk the freedom towers?

·
Scotchkote Installer
30,669 Posts
Why is it every post no matter what goes back to union/ non union. All non union seem to paint the picture about how union guys always talk about it but yet seems every post non union guys have nothing but bashing unions. Does it really matter how we put food on the table? Does it really matter if unions are going to milk the freedom towers?
Yes it does matter.. I am just stating how the "system" works.

If the Freedom Tower was being built by non-union trades, it would get done much faster at a much cheaper price.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yup your right it could have been built cheaper but was taught along time ago you pay for what you get! Go out and pay for a kia and put it next to a F350 King ranch. Hey I saved 50k on the kia though

·
Scotchkote Installer
30,669 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
There are stories about jobs falling apart all the time. Union and Non union, In my opinion it seems that all jobs these days fall apart. Speed kills there is no pride in peoples work anymore its a shame!.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The UNIONS will milk that job for years.. that is the way things are done in NYC :censored:

Don't know where you get your info from, but I haven't seen any "Milking" on Jobs here in N.Y.C.

Production in our city [electrical, I can vouch for] is at an all time high.

The slowdown of progress at W.T.C. site has nothing at all to do with organized labor, and everything to do with Politics and politicians, The Port Authority, Larry Silverstein, and all their ilk, the economy dosen't help either.

We here in NY want this project to get going,the Freedom Tower, the 5 or 6 other towers, and the Memorial.

Its a shame that after all this time, not much to show the rest of the world yet.

When this gets going,.. Pride , Craftsmanship, and Expediency will be Organized Labor's standards, not "milking"

·
Registered
8 Posts
Whats up this is acalleo. A local 474 member/apprentice 3rd year. New to the trade and new to Electrician Talk-Professional Electrical Contractors Forum.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts