Electrician Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm currently taking Electrical:Construction at community college, and it's almost time for us to go away on work term [About 1 month].
I have already spoken with a company, and have my placement ready, but I'm pretty nervous. Essentially I go work for free, for 3 weeks, and I want to make an impression, since I know it's very possible to be hired at the end of your work term.
What should I expect? Any tips and advise much appreciated, landing a job in the end would be amazing.
The company does mainly commercial work.

·
Coffee drinking member
I pretwist and then use wire nuts. Solder pots rule.
13,605 Posts
Show up on time, no cell phone use, listen to what your told and keep your eyes open.
Do as they ask, that includes sweeping the floor or taking the trash out.
After 30+ years, I still sweep when needed and take the trash out.

·
RIP 1959-2015
10,750 Posts
Hello all,

I'm currently taking Electrical:Construction at community college, and it's almost time for us to go away on work term [About 1 month].
I have already spoken with a company, and have my placement ready, but I'm pretty nervous. Essentially I go work for free, for 3 weeks, and I want to make an impression, since I know it's very possible to be hired at the end of your work term.
What should I expect? Any tips and advise much appreciated, landing a job in the end would be amazing.
The company does mainly commercial work.
Welcome aboard......:thumbup:

Work hard everyday and never goof off, if you make mistakes fess up and be honest----Good luck...:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts