Electrician Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to say hello to all. I have lurked on here for a while and finally signed up. I am glad to be a part of it...theres alot of useful and interesting info on here.

A little bit about me: I have been an electrician for a little over 20 years and have worked both union and nonunion. Most of the work I have done is commercial in nature.

I live outside of Nashville, TN in a town called Hendersonville. I moved down here 8 years ago from NJ. Don't miss it a bit.

I got laid off last Feb. and haven't found work since, besides the odd side job.
I decided to finally get my contractors license and I just passed the test today as a matter of fact. Thank god I passed it on the first time, I studied hard for it.

BTW...I highly recommend taking an exam prep course if you can, it helped tons.

William

·
Registered
221 Posts
Congratulations. I passed my contractors test first try too, and I also took a license course. Then 20 years later I took the journeymans test that Calif just started and passed it first try also, it was harder than the contractors test, but with 20 years more experience I did'nt need a class this time. Good luck, do you have your insurance and business license yet? I started by running a 1" x 1 column ad in the local paper and built my business from there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In TN we have to pass the test first and then apply for the business license so that is in the works now. Being that funds are low it will take some time to get everything done...App fee, LLC fee, insurance fee.

·
Registered
11,095 Posts
Welcome to the forum and Congratulations on passing the test the first time. All 3 test that I have taken I passed the first time also.

·
Town Drunk
3,725 Posts
Welcome! :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts