Electrician Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Kurtis, I am a third year electrician's aprentice and am just starting a new job in Springfield, Oregon where I will be a junior PLC programmer.

I started out the Monday after I graduated from High School working for a small shop that did residential and small commercial jobs. I worked there for about a year and a half getting lots of hours until I finally decided that I wanted to go to school to learn the trade as well as possible.

I started at Perry Technical Institute in Yakima, Washington which is an awesome school and worth every penny. I have been here for two years and will be graduating shortly so now I am moving to Oregon to learn PLC's and drives.

So...I am a third year aprentice, I am 21 years old and I have my Washington administrator's card.....sorry about the lengthy introduction...

·
Town Drunk
3,725 Posts
Welcome! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
31,131 Posts
Being overly verbose has never been an issue on this site. Chat on...

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Welcome Kurt!
We like apprentices here. (makes us feel smart).:whistling2:

Good smart folks here! Pay attention and ask. You'll learn a ton!:thumbup:

·
53 GONE AT LAST!
690 Posts
The most stupid question is the one that you WISHED you had asked:thumbup:
Welcome and enjoy:thumbsup:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi Kurtis, when did you take the A test? 2 of us from e-4 (at Perry Tech for those not familiar with it) are going to take it Thursday.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Welcome Kurtis I hope you find what you need.:thumbsup:

·
R.I.P. 2014
4,722 Posts
Hola, buenos fortuna

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Kurtis, when did you take the A test? 2 of us from e-4 (at Perry Tech for those not familiar with it) are going to take it Thursday.

I took my A test in E-4 with what you have learned so far I would say that you should definitely be able to pass it as I did...I would maybe brush up on some of Forrest's stuff and definitely do some code review, but it is not as hard as I would have thought....

Good Luck!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts