Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Dillinger4 said:
Thank you eejack. I am actually in the process of getting into local 102's apprenticeship program and probably leaving Bergen County also.
What's your experience level. My boss is always looking for good electricians and he pays extremely well to deserving, hardworking guys. Office is in midland park.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Pretty much non-existent which is why I was looking to get into IBEW's apprenticeship program.

I know I won't be always taught everywhere I am placed for many reasons one being that since I am new I will probably have to spend most of my time slogging equipment and tools around and sweeping the floors but at least the union will give me some class room time.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Living in Bergen County is just ridiculous. My mom moved out to Clinton about twenty years ago and never looked back. My aunt and uncle just sold their house in New Milford and bought a townhouse I think in West Virgina or Delaware. According to them the taxes are something like $800 year. Almost everything retail in Bergen County is closed on Sundays so everyone packs the mall and every other store on Saturday.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
When you go from living in an apartment like me to owning a house any taxes are going to be expensive but just I can't see paying $7,000-$9,000 on top of $350,000 to own something that was built in 1950 and is all original.

·
Banned
1,246 Posts
When you go from living in an apartment like me to owning a house any taxes are going to be expensive but just I can't see paying $7,000-$9,000 on top of $350,000 to own something that was built in 1950 and is all original.
Yeah, well it's hard to beat that here. At least the real estate prices have gone down a bit. I paid more for a condo 6 years ago during the bubble than I did for a large 2 family house 14 years ago.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.