Electrician Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Google search has me dizzy and doesn't give the info you usually need. But somehow one of its search results contained electriciantalk.com but I didn't read it because it was about an exam in another state. I am unhappy working for others and would love to go in business for myself. I heard there is someone in Baton Rouge giving a prep class for the state exam I but can't find any contact information. From what I understand electricians who take this class are "guaranteed" to pass the exam. I thought becoming a member here would help me obtain that information and/or otherwise support me in my journey to the top of the electrical mountain.

I haven't read any posts here yet but I will because I believe there is a ton to be learned here. 1997 was the last time I prepared for and took an electrical exam. I haven't studied much since then and admit my brain has become a bit stale. It seems that most of the questions on these exams aren't applied on the job regularly, so the likelihood of retaining such specific knowledge is low. If I retook the same exam today I did in 1997 I would fail without proper and adequate preparation.

I look forward to being pointed in the right direction. Any suggestions or sample tests are eagarly anticipated.

·
Registered
12,412 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You'll get what you need here. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people on this forum.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks walkerJ, RIVETER and Frasbee for the warm welcome. I've already spent over two hours reading recent threads and I'm loving it. My brain won't be stale for long now, yippee!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts