Electrician Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, how's it going everyone? I've been lurking the forums for awhile and figured it was time to make an account. I'm 27 years old, not anything in the trade as of yet. Right now I'm enrolled for an Electrical Systems degree program at NEIT, with the goal of eventually being some sort of electrician or technician.

Outside of that, I've been military in various capacities for over 10 years, and currently a Guardsman. Shout out to all other current/former military on the boards.

Looking forward to getting involved in the trade, those of you that post often make this a great place to read up on what being an electrician is all about.

On another note- has anyone been through or attempted the program at NEIT? I'm interested in thoughts from anyone that's experienced it. I realize that a paid apprenticeship seems the preferred route to go, but openings look few and far between in the Northeast; the GI Bill eases the pain of going to school for 18 months to get started.

Thanks!

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Hey, how's it going everyone? I've been lurking the forums for awhile and figured it was time to make an account. I'm 27 years old, not anything in the trade as of yet. Right now I'm enrolled for an Electrical Systems degree program at NEIT, with the goal of eventually being some sort of electrician or technician.

Outside of that, I've been military in various capacities for over 10 years, and currently a Guardsman. Shout out to all other current/former military on the boards.

Looking forward to getting involved in the trade, those of you that post often make this a great place to read up on what being an electrician is all about.

On another note- has anyone been through or attempted the program at NEIT? I'm interested in thoughts from anyone that's experienced it. I realize that a paid apprenticeship seems the preferred route to go, but openings look few and far between in the Northeast; the GI Bill eases the pain of going to school for 18 months to get started.

Thanks!
Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service...:thumbsup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts