Electrician Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im new to the site. well to start things off i have no kind of experience in the electrical field at all, but i am willing to learn. My background is basically banking and customer service. im looking for a change, i've done these jobs for over a couple of years and sadly, it got boring. i have two aptitude tests coming up. i have one for the Local 102 in 2 days and another one at the Local 164 at the end of this month. If there are members of these two unions on this message board, please tell me how easy or difficult is the aptitude test. ive brushed up on my basic algebra and reading comp. i only want to know if theres anything im missing or i should know. thanks in advance

·
My back hurts
50 Posts
Hi Tony,
Welcome.
I took the test in 1987. I doubt it's changed much. It was a piece of cake, don't worry about it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
going from the desk to the ladder? going to a union as a helper can be a little demoralizing if your not ok with pee on status.Even those who are blessed eat crow in the company of long timers and LB's. If you got what it takes good luck, common sense and good math skills will get you by the test.Old Bergen County boy myself.Family in PSEG they were looking for lineman last year contact (clifton div)

·
R.I.P. 2014
4,722 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Search some of the "getting in" and "study guide" threads.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the warm welcome fellas. i know i got what it takes, i just gotta keep at it. ill check out those other threads also. :thumbsup:

·
Town Drunk
3,725 Posts
Welcome! :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts