Electrician Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Apprentice
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, My name is Jesse and I work as a helper/apprentice for a small electrical company in eastern texas. I am 20 years old and have been in the trade for just 7 months, but I love my job and I love learning new things about it. My father has been a Master Electrician for 27 years and currently works at a power plant in central oklahoma. He is very supportive of me in my job. I joined this site because I am very interested into making this a career and I figured it wouldn't hurt from time to time to get info and advice from people beside my dad who have walked the path before me.

Thanks, Jesse

·
Wire Ninja
20,984 Posts
Fantastic. Welcome :thumbsup:

Say, what sort of electrical contractor are you working for at the moment? What sort of work do they have you on, normally?

·
Apprentice
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
residential mainly......mostly new construction homes...running the drill, pulling and stripping in wires, hanging cans/light boxes/fans, all that kind've stuff...you get the idea. We just finished up two apartment buildings that we have been on for the past couple months. I was kind've intimidated at first going from Wal-mart stocker to wiring houses, that was a big change but it was one that has been good so far. I know the very basics of residential and nothing about the commercial side. Figured I might hang around here and pick up some knowledge here and there.:thumbsup:

·
Town Drunk
3,725 Posts
Welcome! :thumbsup:

·
Just Dealing With it....
515 Posts
Welcome to the Trade and this site!!!

Don't come here from time to time....make it a habit!!! Lot's of great, knowledgable guys here to learn from!!!!!:thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts