Electrician Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work as the head designer for a company to was manufacturing and installing high end (up to $75K per fixture) custom commercial and residential lighting and lighting systems (Vantage) to manage all the kilowatts.

The company now has moved from manufacturing lighting fixtures to manufacturing hole cutting tools for electricians and the other building trades. I attend the trade shows like NECA this past week in Boston to talk to people with extreme needs for making holes to install whatever supply line or piece of equipment faster and easier.

One example was a new hole cutter that cuts through stucco and OSB in one pass and also works great for the new Quazite and other fiber reinforced high voltage enclosures. Another was making a line of tungsten carbide hole cutters that mount to regular drill hole saw arbors for cutting stainless steel. Most of the tools are sold through wholesale electrical distributors.

If anyone has a suggestions or special needs or just something that they find a pain with the present hole cutter types or sizes or cutting depths or other problems that cost them time on the job I would like very much to hear from them.

·
√-1 2³ Σ π
3,465 Posts
I work as the head designer for a company to was manufacturing and installing high end (up to $75K per fixture) custom commercial and residential lighting and lighting systems (Vantage) to manage all the kilowatts.

The company now has moved from manufacturing lighting fixtures to manufacturing hole cutting tools for electricians and the other building trades. I attend the trade shows like NECA this past week in Boston to talk to people with extreme needs for making holes to install whatever supply line or piece of equipment faster and easier.

One example was a new hole cutter that cuts through stucco and OSB in one pass and also works great for the new Quazite and other fiber reinforced high voltage enclosures. Another was making a line of tungsten carbide hole cutters that mount to regular drill hole saw arbors for cutting stainless steel. Most of the tools are sold through wholesale electrical distributors.

If anyone has a suggestions or special needs or just something that they find a pain with the present hole cutter types or sizes or cutting depths or other problems that cost them time on the job I would like very much to hear from them.
Welcome; is that Monterrey CA?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts