Electrician Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
That makes two of us

New to the site after browsing the threads for a few weeks. I'm a non-union residential EC from the Central Coast also! I work in the Monterey peninsula mainly Carmel/Pebble Beach/Pacific Grove. I didn't know Santa Barbara was also considered part of the central coast.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@alcospark haha you were lurking like me...haha...Santa Barbara (I guess) is southern Cali. We are pismo beach/San Luis obispo area. (I just teach out of SB). I have lives here for ever, and still don't know understand the central coast thing. We call it the central coast because we are in the middle of SF and LA? We call your area the Bay Area? Either way as long as we are not So Cal...haha just kidding @chrisibew440

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@aae805 we mainly do service work with a few super high end custom home. We mainly work in the farm fields, on wells, VFDs, barns etc (saw your FB page, looks like you repair or replaced a AG panel. 200A 7 jaw that was melted? About 30% of our business is resi service work as well. 10% is power quality, high usage problems....We cover the same area, except we have a few customers that take us to SB.
We are a union shop, proud of it too...not in the extremest way, we are all elec or EC trying to make it. We are the only pure service union shop in the area...I fell I am the non-union union shop, because the other contractors don't understand what I do. Plus we do stuff they do not...but that is a whole other issue

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Riverside.

Sorry I am just getting us to this quoting deal. How is work been in riverside? Pretty slow for our members here, but picking up...
Also "lurking" is a term my wife uses..I guess it means to just always look and read post, but never "like" "thank" "comment" or "post"....that's why I say I was lurking....haha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.