Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! Long time visitor, first time introduction. I started in the trade in high school in the summers, went to college for Electrical Engineering (had to leave due to family), but went back to the trade full time. Since back in the trade, I'm still learning due to becoming an apprentice, and now I'm a en 4th year apprentice.

Since then I've been grateful to my previous employers on the tasks I was asked to do. In these past 6 years, i was involved in an airport, high-rise, hospital,and general commerical. During that time, I installed 1000's of feet of conduit (2"-5" EMT/IMC/RMC), busduct, large ups(4000A), Switchgear (13.2 kV/480), generators, and their associated controls involved. I've also done rough-ins in commerical/hospital settings.

My future holds me getting my journeyman license soon, masters 1 year later, then plan on going back to finish my Electrical Engineering BS. I also am planning on going back and teaching the trade to the new apprentices out there!

Anyways, I hope I can offer some of my insights as you guys have already done for me!

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,624 Posts
Hey! Long time visitor, first time introduction. I started in the trade in high school in the summers, went to college for Electrical Engineering (had to leave due to family), but went back to the trade full time. Since back in the trade, I'm still learning due to becoming an apprentice, and now I'm a en 4th year apprentice.

Since then I've been grateful to my previous employers on the tasks I was asked to do. In these past 6 years, i was involved in an airport, high-rise, hospital,and general commerical. During that time, I installed 1000's of feet of conduit (2"-5" EMT/IMC/RMC), busduct, large ups(4000A), Switchgear (13.2 kV/480), generators, and their associated controls involved. I've also done rough-ins in commerical/hospital settings.

My future holds me getting my journeyman license soon, masters 1 year later, then plan on going back to finish my Electrical Engineering BS. I also am planning on going back and teaching the trade to the new apprentices out there!

Anyways, I hope I can offer some of my insights as you guys have already done for me!
Welcome to the forum jump right in and have some fun..:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
31,151 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Not 100% sure, but I think in va you have to hold a jcard longer than 1 year to test for a master.

Like you are really a Virginian. You were probalby born in NEW YORK CITY...YANKEE.:eek::blink::no::whistling2:

(Not that I was born here)

·
evil bastard
15,771 Posts
brian john said:
Like you are really a Virginian. You were probalby born in NEW YORK CITY...YANKEE.:eek::blink::no::whistling2:

(Not that I was born here)
I'm actually a well mannored southerner ! I was born in arlington, and have been in va my whole life.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where in VA?
Brian, I live in fauquier county, just outside warrenton.

Welcome to the forum. Not 100% sure, but I think in va you have to hold a jcard longer than 1 year to test for a master.
Mcclary, to my knowledge you have to hold your J-card in VA for 1 full year before you are able to take the master exam. If someone knows different, I would like to know.

·
evil bastard
15,771 Posts
Leesburg? I hate Leesburg. A got caught doing 85 in a 70 and I'm out about 1k-2k grand!!! What is up with VA and speeding tickets ???

:censored::censored:

1,000,000- 2,000,000....??? that's an expensive ticket!!

oh, and last time you told that story, you were was on 81 coming off the mountain:whistling2:

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Correct

Your right. I'm glad you all check my threads to confirm my story. My memory is horrible. My lawyer is in Leesburg, ticket was on 81 ...40 or so miles away

1 - 20 of 25 Posts