Electrician Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just joined and am in Washington state. Went through my apprenticeship in IBEW's lu 357 JATC. Great program and great work. Now I'm up in Washington state, though currently not working as journeyman(though I hold a ticket).

·
Armed and Unhinged
424 Posts
Hey, just joined and am in Washington state. Went through my apprenticeship in IBEW's lu 357 JATC. Great program and great work. Now I'm up in Washington state, though currently not working as journeyman(though I hold a ticket).
Welcome!

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Welcome aboard....:thumbup:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much! I hope to be getting back into the electrical trade 100%, at the moment I'm just building MCC's and doing general electrical maintenance in the shop I work at.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sadly enough, Yakima. My intentions though are to move up the Puget Sound area and get into either Industrial, marine industrial or find a place to do maintenance and service work. I did 6 years of commercial construction electrical work.

·
Electron Flow Consultant
3,309 Posts
Sadly enough, Yakima. My intentions though are to move up the Puget Sound area and get into either Industrial, marine industrial or find a place to do maintenance and service work. I did 6 years of commercial construction electrical work.
Are you a member of Local 191?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nope. I never planned on staying here too long so I'm currently a "Mechanical Service Tech" who also builds MCC's and fixes all the busted shop equipment. I talked to the BA for the local in the Puget Sound area(lu 41?) and I'll be signing book 2 when I get up there and putting my ticket in. I can get on book 1 faster if I work a non-union shop in the area is what I was told.

·
Electron Flow Consultant
3,309 Posts
The state is offering a one time deal until July. You can get an Oregon license, good for 3yrs, non renewable. Local 48 also covers work in SW Washington.

·
Electron Flow Consultant
3,309 Posts
Just looking at the info on the Local 48 site. You may have to have completed your apprenticeship in Washington. You could contact Policy Analyst Brett Salmon at 503-373-7613 to find out if this is correct.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts