Electrician Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, first thing i want to say is thanks to everybody for all the insite into the electrical field. Ive been working as an electricians helper for roughly 12 years, I live in TN but work in KY. anyone with any insite on study material to take my master exam.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
well ya, but....

I refer to myself as a helper because i am unlicensed. You see, my dad has been an elctrical contractor since 1979 and have been workin for him since i was big enough to carry his tool pouch around. i consider myself an experienced electrician but other than my 1099's i have no paperwork to back that up. i was hoping this forum might give me access to some of the technical information i lack since i have never had any sort of schoolastic training. any info could help.

·
Super Moderator
21,913 Posts
Welcome aboard. Isn't 12 years a long time to be a helper?
It is but in the non union world many people call the guys who work under the head hancho, the helper. I always used to refer to my men as helpers when I was there even though most could run the job. I since learned that even though it was not meant to belittle their knowledge, I should call them either my worker or my mechanic.

Anyway, welcome to the forum Roo.

Reactions: BuzzKill

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol hadn't looked at it that way.

hadn't thought of it that way before. my dad and co-workers refer to me as an electrician, but i don't officially until i can pass the test that says I am. its sort of a personal goal and will help my career too.

·
Registered
12,412 Posts
I refer to myself as a helper because i am unlicensed. You see, my dad has been an elctrical contractor since 1779 and have been workin for him since i was big enough to carry his tool pouch around. i consider myself an experienced electrician but other than my 1099's i have no paperwork to back that up. i was hoping this forum might give me access to some of the technical information i lack since i have never had any sort of schoolastic training. any info could help.
Are you still getting around okay? You guys have been in business since three years after the Declaration of Independence was signed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts