Electrician Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have been searching eveywhere to find a answer to my question, but no ones situation fits mine. Okay so I started working construction since I was 17 I'm 21 now I know drywall, taping, tile, and some plumbing, and I guess I caught a electrical contractors eye. He asked me if I wanted to work for him and learn electrical and I said I would love to. I don't know anything about electrical and I always wanted to know what is going on. He offerd me $15 a hr to start a little bit less than I was making now, but everyone told me to go forget because it's a really good trade so I accepted. It's been a month now and I have been running wires mc cables, connecting them to j box's and installing cam lights ect.. I keep reading that you guys are going to school and signing up for unions. I live in California is it even legal for me to work with wires?? Hopfully someone can shine some light on this for me before I bring it up to my boss so I don't look like a idiot lol thanks.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Has he registered you as an apprentice?
I'm not sure of your states licensing requirements, you'd have to look them up.

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,547 Posts
yes haha look them up lol hahahaha lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know. I just been with him for a while and I have learned alot he doesnt let me work with hot wires Thoe until I get more experience. everyday I lean something new running coax cables cat 6, roof conduits underground pipes (forgot the name ) installing recepticals really fast haha I really like this type old work I enjoy it a lot but everyday I wonder if I get laid off one day will I be able to work somwhere else???

·
RIP 1959-2015
10,750 Posts
I don't know. I just been with him for a while and I have learned alot he doesnt let me work with hot wires Thoe until I get more experience. everyday I lean something new running coax cables cat 6, roof conduits underground pipes (forgot the name ) installing recepticals really fast haha I really like this type old work I enjoy it a lot but everyday I wonder if I get laid off one day will I be able to work somwhere else???
If you spend more than a year with him you will be wanted by other electricians so keep going with him for now and look into getting into an electrical school approved by the electricians board..

Existing law requires that persons performing work as electrician under a C-10 licensed contractor be certified pursuant to certification standards established by the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement. “Electricians” is defined as all persons who engage in the connection of electrical devices for electrical contractors licensed pursuant to Section 7058 of the Business and Profession Code, specifically, contractors classified as electrical contractors in the Contractors State License Board Rules and Regulations [Labor Code § 108 (c)].

Anyone found in violation of this law Shall be purified with pain...:laughing:
Welcome to the forum...:thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts