Electrician Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everybody on this site. Hope to be able to help others and also get advice to help myself. Just to tell you a little about myself; I am the recent owner of an electrical contracting company which I had previously been employed by. My boss decided to no longer continue in the trade and sold the business to me. I am excited, nervous, and eager to begin again as the owner of the business. I would welcome any advice from anyone who has experience owning and operating their own small business. I am sure the next several years will be a learning experience.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Hello to everybody on this site. Hope to be able to help others and also get advice to help myself. Just to tell you a little about myself; I am the recent owner of an electrical contracting company which I had previously been employed by. My boss decided to no longer continue in the trade and sold the business to me. I am excited, nervous, and eager to begin again as the owner of the business. I would welcome any advice from anyone who has experience owning and operating their own small business. I am sure the next several years will be a learning experience.
Welcome to ET , You will learn well here...:thumbup:

·
Registered
418 Posts
So are you licensed? say the other guys license isnt renewed and your still working under his, are you just gonna work illegally

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So are you licensed? say the other guys license isnt renewed and your still working under his, are you just gonna work illegally
I've had my contractor's license since before I bought the business, so that wasn't an issue. And no, I don't do any work illegally. I am licensed, insured, and bonded. But thanks for checking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts