Electrician Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
David from BC, Canada.

I have been working as ship's Marine Engineer for decades, on deep sea and then local waters. Had some basic text book marine electrical introductions. I did not have hands on experiences except working with ship's electricians for trouble shootings. The designs vary a lot depending on the countries the ships are built and the types of the ships. Text books only cover the very basic and for exams only. There is a lot of fun doing trouble shooting (when the problem is solved! :) ). Not too many discussions can be found about marine electrical systems. Like to ask some questions and learn from the members.

·
Super Moderator
7,938 Posts
Welcome. Don't be shy. You probably came here because you have a question. Start a new thread at any time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome to another board, David. First my electrical book was an electrical book for navy - fixing and servicing the stuff during a piece time or war. Still follow some of rules from that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you very much for the warm welcome. Yes, I have some questions. I'll probably post it in the next few days when I have time, kind of busy now.

·
Old Grumpy Bastard
GOV/MIL contracting
62,072 Posts
Welcome aboard. Enjoy your stay here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts