Electrician Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is David, i got my EC license in florida on May 20, 2011, so I am a really new EC. I don't know everything about electric, and even less about running a business, so any advice you may have is greatly appreciated. I am anxious to sell my first big job, but nervous about the bid process and hiring employees. A little back ground about me, I started as a helper in 1997 at the kennedy space center updating wiring on launch pad 39b and the launch command control center. In 1998 as an apprentince I wired the Hulk roller coaster at Universal Stuidos Islands of adventure for Florida Industrial Electric. I then worked on water and waste water plants for three years before getting into the sign industry which is basically just fancy light fixtures using neon lights wired in series @ 15k volts. I have about 6 moths expierence doing residential. Finally i decided to go out on my own and here I am looking to be a part of your community and hopefully one day make a contribution to this industry.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,624 Posts
My name is David, i got my EC license in florida on May 20, 2011, so I am a really new EC. I don't know everything about electric, and even less about running a business, so any advice you may have is greatly appreciated. I am anxious to sell my first big job, but nervous about the bid process and hiring employees. A little back ground about me, I started as a helper in 1997 at the kennedy space center updating wiring on launch pad 39b and the launch command control center. In 1998 as an apprentince I wired the Hulk roller coaster at Universal Stuidos Islands of adventure for Florida Industrial Electric. I then worked on water and waste water plants for three years before getting into the sign industry which is basically just fancy light fixtures using neon lights wired in series @ 15k volts. I have about 6 moths expierence doing residential. Finally i decided to go out on my own and here I am looking to be a part of your community and hopefully one day make a contribution to this industry.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your new business..:thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts